Pages

Friday 14 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 7 Bonus Activity

Image result for winter learning journey


Over the winter holiday period, and Term 2 break, I traveled all around New Zealand from the comfort of my den...

I went with all of my fellow Maniakalani bloggers and visited several different places in our beautiful country presently covered in a dusting from the Long White cloud know as New Zealand that I hadn't been to before...and probably wouldn't of known about if I hadn't been on this virtual learning journey.

I explored the awesome city of sails - Auckland.  I tried some  Maori cuisine. I got to see an amazing All Blacks haka live at Eden Park. I got to celebrate the Maori new year known as Matariki.  I rode a bike along the Otago Central Rail Trail and I got to visit Farewell Spit which is really now just a whale graveyard.

 I even got to prove that the moa still exists!

I have enjoyed my journey, but perhaps this sums it up better that I can...


8 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

I want to say congratulations for finishing the Winter Learning Journey. You should be very proud of yourself. Also I hope you enjoyed Learning new things about New Zealand and what's going around our country.

Unknown said...

Kia ora Harrison,

I completely agree with Jolie and would like the echo her sentiment and say a huge 'CONGRATULATIONS' on finishing up the entire learning journey this year. That is a very impressive feat and one that, I hope, you are proud of! We are certainly very proud of you and wanted to thank you for your lovely comments on the blog above as well as your inspiring use of the new Air New Zealand safety video. It is the perfect way to highlight the beauty and wonder that is 'New Zealand.'

Enjoy the remainder of your holiday! Please feel free to post comments on the sites of fellow participants. I'll look forward to seeing you early in Term 3 when I come to Glen Innes school to hand out the certificates and prizes!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Rachel...I've really enjoyed the WLJ and the in depth learning about NZ which I have discovered despite living here for 7 years. We've been to some places in NZ; Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Palmerston North, Rotorua, Mt Maunganui, Whitianga, Coromandel, Gisborne, Auckland, Cape Reinga and Waitangi to name a few but others which I learnt about this term break we haven't.

I shall certainly enjoy the rest of my holiday...I'm hoping to see Spiderman, Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 at the cinema if I can and club rugby training starts back this second week with an away game on Saturday. I also have my room to tidy and some khan academy to catch up on too!!!

See you in Term 3 - and thank you and Nicky for supporting my learning (and Mark last time in the Summer). Enjoy your break too if you manage to get one. Harrison.

Unknown said...

Congratulation Harrison
You should be proud of yourself of doing 21 activity Less then a week. Enjoy the rest of your break and I hope you enjoy watching the movies that you are going to. I hope your ready for term 3 or should I say ready for hard work.

Enjoy, Zain

Unknown said...

Hello Jolie
Thank you for all of you positive comments. They have really made me think on how I can make my writing even better.

Unknown said...

Hello Zain
Thank you for all of you positive comments. They have really made me think on how I can make my writing even better.

daniel said...

Hi Harrison
Great job on completing all of the winter learning journey activities. You did a excellent job on all of them. Well done Harrison!
Daniel

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison,

Congrats on completing the WLJ, it was fun reading your amazing post. Well done Harrison!

Post a Comment