Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 1

After admiring a giant Kauri tree, I turn around to re-join the rest of my group...but they were gone! 

I wonder to myself..."What I am going to do?" 

I start to worry. 

I think to myself..."What if I never see them again?" 

I start looking around.  I start to walk one way and call out for my group, then I hear them. I start to jog but then I hear the voices getting softer and softer. So I call out again, but they obviously can't hear me. 

I start to sprint, and yell at the top of my lungs....

Then they yell back..."Harrison, where are you?" 
I hear curious kiwi squeal with delight and my heart rate begins to slow. Finally I catch up with them and I tell them all about my journey and we laugh off the situation as we head out of the forest.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, again, Harrison!

When I was reading your story, I felt like I was in a movie because you used lots of great language features which helped me to visualise what was happening!

I love that you ended it with a laugh... It helps us know that in the end you were actually safe and it wasn't a disaster!

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Amazing work. Like Nicky I love how you used great language features because it helped me visualise every moment.

I also wrote a story but I dont think mine is as good as yours.

See you in term 3 and have a great holiday.

Jolie

daniel said...

Hi Harrison
Your short story is pretty cool. I like the descriptive words you used in it. Also, the laughing at the end was a nice touch. Keep up the good work.
Daniel

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison,

I love this story! I was so hooked in from the very first sentence, I was sitting and wondering what was going to happen next. Keep up the great work Harrison.

Post a Comment