Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 3 Actvity 2

I definately agree that possums should be hunted because the kiwi population is on the brink of extinction due to the many predators they have, but largely due to the numerous ways in which the possums affect the kiwi population. 

Not only are the possums eating the kiwi eggs, but they are also destroying the native plants, damaging the habitats of other native animals and generally a nuisance. 

Most New Zealanders believe that possums aren't just endangering the kiwi,  but also endangering other native birds such as the kererū, kiwi, harrier hawk, fantail, muttonbird, and tūi to name a few. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison!

I love that you have added extra information for your reader as to what is actually happening. I think it is much more important to protect our native wildlife than to stop killing off possums.

Thanks for sharing your informed opinion!

Nicky

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison,

I think that its really great how you have strong facts for your reason! It really makes me change my mind about possums. I can't wait to read more of your work! One question, have you ever seen a possum before?

daniel said...

Hi Harrison
I think that pests like possums because (Like you said) they are killing our native animals. They eat the eggs and chicks of the Kokako and other birds. Well done on this activity.
Daniel

Post a Comment