Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 3 Activity 1

I have decided to adopt a Tuatara. 
Image result for tuatara
The reason I decided to adopt a Tuatara is because they are such interesting reptiles. They are nocturnal, and territorial, but they will often bask in the sun during the day to warm their bodies because they are cold-blooded. 

They feast on insects, birds and they might even eat some young Tuataras'!  They are the oldest relatives to the dinosaurs aswell! Who wouldn't want to adopt one!?

6 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Interesting work! I found out some new things about the Tuatara by reading youre blog post. I found that they are the oldest relatives to the dinosaurs. Keep up the great work :)

Unknown said...

...I saw Tuatara's when we lived in Rotorua, they were at Rainbow Fairy Springs - have you ever been?

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Sadly I have not been to Rainbow Fairy Springs.

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison

I really like the way you filled those two little paragraphs with so much information, I love it keep it up !

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Harrison!

What a cool image of the tuatara you have found! I think I would want to adopt one too! My backyard is like a big jungle so he could run around there, however I'd be too afraid of losing him and I think he'd get overwhelmed with all the people that live in and come though my house (I live with 5 other flat mates!). I suppose he can run around while we're all asleep!

Anyway, nice job Harrison!

Nicky

daniel said...

Hi Harrison
Great job on this activity. Your facts about the Tuatara are interesting. If you had one as a pet, what would you call it? Keep up the excellent work.
Daniel

Post a Comment