Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity 2

In this activity, I had to write a letter to a friend from my home country giving them an update as to how our voyage from the homeland to New Zealand was...

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that we arrived on land safely in the new country. We aren't sure what to call this new land. After we arrived we were just glad to put our exhausted feet on solid ground. I don't really know how to feel about this new land. I'm quite excited for all of the new adventures we are going to have but I'm a bit upset because I've left the rest of life behind to start a new one. With people that I don't really know well as well.

Well, I'll keep you up to date with all that happens.

From,
Harrison

4 comments:

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Harrison
What an excellent work do you have done. What was your favourite part about doing this activity?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Harrison,

My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you as part of the Summer Learning Journey. Great to see you have been doing so well with your activities!

This is an awesome letter! Well done. I really like how you have talked about having your feet on solid ground again. That's something that I always look forward to when I get off a boat.
What sorts of things do you think happened while you were on your journey? I think they would have seen some amazing creatures!

Have you ever been on a boat before? I have been on boats a few times, but I get very sea sick so it's never very fun.

I look forward to reading more of your blog.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Unknown said...

Hello Sarah
Thanks for such a nice comment. My favrioute part about this activity was theorising who I was writing to and also what there reaction would be when they read it.

Unknown said...

Hello Ruby
One thing that I believe would have happened on the journey is that we would get caught in a storm and be in real danger. Mostly because that seemed to happen alot in the olden days. I have been on a boat. It was to go fishing with my dad and also a family and my friends dad.

Post a Comment