Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Bons Activity

In this activity I had to watch a Waka ama/race and decide whether or not I would like to enter in one...


After watching the 2014 Master Men 500m Final (Video above). I deiced that I would want to compete in a waka ama race. One of the main reasons being that I've done a race like this before and when I did compete in it I really enjoyed it. The only thing that is putting me off about it is the effort and collaboration that they use. When I was watching the video I noticed how much synchronized they were and I'm not very good at being synchronized with other people.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Harrison
Amazing work!! I have just learned some new words like synchronized. How would you feel if you came first?? Until next time

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Harrison
Outstanding Work!! I have learnt a lot from your work well done. What team would you go for?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Harrison,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

It's great that you have been in one of these races before! That's super cool. You would need to be quite synchronised when rowing, you're right. But I think you would get better at that with practice! What sorts of things could you do as practice for being in time with the rest of your team?

I wouldn't like to be in a Waka Ama race because I'm not very good at swimming and would be afraid of falling out of the Waka!

I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Unknown said...

Hello Vedel
I don't know what I would do if I came first. I would probably just celebrate with my teammate.

Unknown said...

Hello Sarah
Thanks for your comment. As I don't really know the teams. I would go for the team that was winning. If you get what I mean.

Unknown said...

Hello Ruby
When I did my race we all kept on falling of our raft but it was quite fun as we just ended up pushing the raft. However it was a really good fun and I would deffinetly do it again.

Post a Comment